Thursday 22 October 2015

Work Diary - Texture

Work Diary - Texture

Today I was told to take pictures of texture, I found this quite easy, especially when using the colleges macro lens camera as I could get very close to take the picture, meaning you could see the texture better, I liked looking for things that had nice texture that would show well when I took pictures of it, like some leaves, or the wool that I found in Wilkinson's.

Progression: Next time I will look outside more because I found a lot of good examples of beautiful textures in leaves and tree trunks. Although the textures I found inside were good examples, I personally think that the ones I took outside usually looked better.



I like this photo because you can really see what the texture of the leaf feels like. The focus is very good because the background is blurred, however the side of the leaf at the bottom right is a bit blurry as well which slightly ruins the photograph


I don't like this photograph because although the texture is good and I can see it really well, the subject is horrible and I think I took a lot better photographs.

1 comment:

  1. include camera settings and reference depth of field, this will hep strengthen your understanding of how aperture and proximity affects depth of field...

    ReplyDelete