Tuesday 20 October 2015

Work Diary - Shape

Work Diary

Today I went out and took pictures around Harlow town and Harlow college campus, I was looking at the formal element 'shape', I did a lot more research before going out this lesson which meant I knew more what I was looking for, so although I had some problems with the camera settings which made the photographs too light, I still managed to get a lot of good ones. Next lesson I am going to take pictures in the studio which will hopefully mean I get a some better quality photos.

Progression: next time I go out I will make sure my camera settings are right so that I can get photos that will look as good as possible and also make best use of the time I spend taking photos.


This photograph is terrible and is probably my worst, I really don't like it, the whole photo is really badly lit and it's not framed very well, even the rock is an odd shape and looks bad.

I love this photograph because I like the angle I took it from, it makes the object look a lot bigger than it was. I also think the sky looks really good in the background and I like the lighting in this photo. The sky is very bright and the main subject of the photo is dark which looks really nice, I think the negative space would be the subject.


1 comment:

  1. a strong image here... adjust the posts removing the first person from your evaluations where possible... I think that this one should be in your portfolio...

    ReplyDelete