Thursday 8 October 2015

Tone Manipulation


I took a photo of this plant in the studio because I thought it looked really good. I love how you can really see the highlight on the plant where it has the most light shining on it. However I didn't feel like there was enough shadow and the red seat it was on really put me off as it is so bright.


This is the edited version that I made on photoshop, I made the background a lot darker, which looks better, however I may have made the photo too dark overall as some of the plant it very hard to see in the shaded area. Although overall I think it looks very good.


I took this photo in the studio of Ellie in a gas mask, I like the lighting as it was more controlled and I could say how the light would hit the mask to give it more shading, however it still looked too light in my opinion.


I used photoshop to change make the shadows darker or lighter, I made them darker as I thought this would look better, I also turned it black and white as I felt that it has too much colour in the original. There is not much difference but I definitely feel as though the edited one looks a lot better.


To make this sort of edit I clicked on the semi circle at the bottom of the page, which brought up a chart that I could edit to change how dark or light the overall picture was, this is how I made the shading of the photos darker.


Then I clicked black and white and this table came up. I was then able to change the colours darker or lighter, which is how I made the red background black, however I must've made it too dark so I should have put the bar nearer too the middle than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment