Friday 2 October 2015

Work Diary - Pattern

Today I was instructed to get pictures of patterns, I found this task quite challenging because I wasn't finding many patterns around Harlow, however because I researched the element I was able to find some good examples the the photo belowI didn't do any of the shooting in the studio and I found the majority of the photographs inside the college campus.

Progression: Next time I will research patterns more before going out and taking pictures so that I know what I'm looking for, some of mine weren't very good so I may need to take more to replace those at some point.


This is a good example of pattern as the same thing is repeating itself over and over, it is the best photograph I took however there are parts of it that could be better, the photograph isn't very clean so there are little bits that are off-putting like the chewing gum. Also I didn't frame the photograph very well, this could be fixed on photoshop with cropping and rotating.


This example isn't as good because there isn't really a pattern, although these shapes are made of the same rock they aren't the same size which makes the photo look more like an example of line or texture in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment