Tuesday 20 October 2015

Definition Post - Reflection

Reflection

Reflection photography is the art of using reflective surfaces like mirrors, glass or bodies of water to capture beautiful images. However mirrors aren't commonly used because they are quite difficult to work with as any streaks or blotches on the mirror can ruin the photo and filters can make the photograph look dull.
Personally I think reflection can be very tacky as a photography form, it is sometimes overused and can look terrible, however, when used correctly and subtly it can be absolutely stunning.

This is an example of good use of reflection in my opinion. I think that this shows reflection quite subtly which can sometimes look a lot better than very obvious reflection.

I love this picture because it is very simple, it isn't very clique either as I haven't the mirror idea around that much, I also like that the person is wearing all black as it means your eye is drawn to the mirror rather than them.

I quite like this photograph because I think the eye isn't necessarily being dragged to the bikes reflection rather just the bike, which happens to be a silhouette in this photo which looks better than a lot of colour would in contrast with the sky.

I love this photo, primarily because of the beautiful colours, however the reflection looks amazing as well, I love the fact that it's distorted and I think that it looks really good and although its not very original it is still very nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment