Thursday 17 September 2015

Work Diary - Lines

Today I took pictures of lines on and off College campus, I really enjoyed this task as it was challenging to find different types of lines, vertical and horizontal were most common and this meant that I had to look in places I'd never been in Harlow to find other ones. I really like the picture I took of converging lines and the one of the golden coloured brick wall.

I didn't take any photos in the studio today because it was quite easy to find photographs outside of controlled environments. I would've liked to take some pictures inside the studio however I like the photos I took outside enough to not need to take any photos inside. 

The weather today was good which improved the photos immensely, if it had been rainy or cloudy the pictures would've been darker and gloomier and although this doesn't really matter when relating to lines I still prefer it like that, it makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Progression: Next time I will take some photos in the studio because I think I could get better photos if I am able to control how the lighting hits the objects. However some of my favourite line photographs I wouldn't be able to take in the studio because they tended to be buildings.



I don't like this photograph because it doesn't look very good, I took it because I wanted some photos of curved lines, but the lines of the mannequin's legs and the blocks they are standing on are very similar colours and I don't think the affect is very nice.


I like this photograph because I think that the colours are nice as well as the lines, I like it because I used the rule of two thirds and it is very even looking. This photograph was taken outside and I really like how light it is especially as I didn't have to use any professional lights. I am very proud of this photo.


1 comment:

  1. well done again Jasmine, you have some very strong images here

    ReplyDelete