Thursday 24 September 2015

Work Diary - Colour

Work Diary 

Today I took pictures of colours, I was looking for colours that were contrasted, like purple and yellow (colours that are opposite on the colour wheel), I walked around Harlow town and looked for colours that went together but it was very difficult, orange and green aren't really very commonly found together because they are both very bright and it doesn't always look that good together.

However I didn't get many because I found the task quite challenging, although the world is full of colour I felt like I wasn't finding many colours that went well together, additionally I couldn't work the camera that well as it was a college one that I wasn't familiar with, I found it difficult to focus on things even when using auto-focus which made it very difficult to take good photos.

Progression: Next time I will make sure I know how to use the camera before I go out to take photos. I will also spend some time in the studio room and take some more photos so I can choose what colours I am using. I also think that it was made harder due to the fact that it is autumn so it was darker and less colourful, additionally there are less colours around generally because many of the plants were dead and this meant there was a lot less natural colour.


This is my least favourite photograph because I don't think it is framed very well, I also don't really like the colours, I was looking for green and red and it didn't really look very red, it is quite dull looking.


I like this because I think it is really bright and it stands out quite a lot in contrast to the dull background. This is my favourite colour photograph because of this reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment