Tuesday 29 September 2015

Definition Post - Form

Definition Post - Form

Form is a three dimensional shape, such as a cube, sphere or a cone. Sculpture and 3D design are about creating forms. In 2D artworks, tone and perspective can be used to create an illusion of form.

This example of form isn't the best, I think it could show texture better, however it does show form, I like it because the depth of field is very well done, and I think that due to the lighting angle we are able to see that it is curved and has a form.

This is an example of the human form, humans and other animals can have beautiful forms, I love this photo because of how the lighting has made it look, theres lots more shadows that create a more 3D shape than if the light was straight on, I also like that it has been edited to be darker, it means you can see the small flaws better which in this photograph looks really good.

This is another example of the human form, however this time it is a female form, I like this picture because there is a lot of negative space, and the body has a lot of shadow, the lighting is quite subtle in this photo in my opinion. I love that you can see all of the muscles and bones. I think this photo is quite interesting as you don't usually see these sort of shadows on the human body form, it's not what a back usually looks like.








No comments:

Post a Comment