Tuesday 15 December 2015

Work Diary - Portraiture

Work Diary - Portraiture

I thoroughly enjoyed portraiture, I found it a very interesting subject because you can take portraits in a huge number of ways, you can take them dead pan, which isn't very popular because it shows no meaning, however I think that it can have a lovely underlying meaning. You can also take them mid activity, which I also quite like because it catches people naturally, before they put on a face or an act. Portraiture is a very wide term and I don't think it limits you at all. 

Progression - Next time I will take more photos outside, because although I spent time outside taking photos, I took more in the studio, however in the studio it is easier to take photographs because you have more control over the light which makes the photo better.

In my opinion this is my best photograph, I love that this photo has been caught mid activity because it shows that people usually put on a face for photos and in this photo that hasn't happened.

This is my worst photo because it is not centred properly, it also looks very awkward to be honest. I think that the photo shows no emotion and not in a good way.




3 comments:

  1. You have created a good series of images.. here you need to back this up with comments on how the photographs were taken.. this is critical to show a greater depth of understanding in terms of camera settings used the use of colour formal elements

    ReplyDelete
  2. connotations please, and like with the artist you researched

    ReplyDelete
  3. connotations please, and link with the artist you researched

    ReplyDelete