Thursday 3 December 2015

Image Bank - Portraiture

Image Bank - Portraiture

This photo is a portrait of Jude Law by David Bailey, I think its really well taken and I especially like the contrast of the sides of his face, one side is completely lit and the other side is quite dark, it shows both sides of his personality which looks really good.

This photo was taken by Alec Soth, it is really good in my opinion because it has caught the subject in the middle of doing something, this means it's a lot more natural than a photo like David Baileys because the subject didn't pose for it. I also like that it was taken outdoors because it shows all of the natural clutter that is in people's lives.

This photo is of Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz and it has a huge amount of negative space, this means that your eye is dragged towards her face. I think this photo looks really nice because her face is in a lot of detail.

Photos by Thomas Ruff like this one, are typically deadpan. I think this looks good because it is so simple, although these photos could be taken in someplace like a Photo Booth for example, I think the lighting would probably be better in this photo as it is changed specifically for the person. For example, we can tell that in this photo the light was above him a bit because there are shadows from his eyebrow bone, you might not get that effect in a photo booth.

This photograph of John Lennon and Paul McCartney was taken by David Bailey, I really like his work and I think this piece is good, however I do prefer the one of Jude Law because I think the lighting is more interesting in that one. However this is also good in my opinion because it portrays them as very positive people - there aren't many shadows on their face's unlike Jude Laws portrait. 








No comments:

Post a Comment