Wednesday 2 December 2015

Editing - Portraiture

Editing - Portraiture


I edited this photograph by making it darker using the curve tool, I also fixed small bits using the blemish tool. I then changed the background colour slightly so that it wasn't the same colour as his jacket's hood lining.


For this photograph I used curves to make the photograph a lot darker, I then used gradient to make the face lighter whilst keeping the rest of the body darker, this is a technique called Vignette and I used it to drag the eye to the face rather than focusing on other parts of the photo that aren't important.


I used white balance on this photograph which definitely improved parts of the photograph, however I think I made it too dark as it is quite a moody looking photo, I think that the skin looks better in the edit because it was quite a sickly photo at first, I also think the hair colour is a lot better and the eye colour is a lot brighter which looks good.



I used a few tools on this photograph, I used levels to white balance the photo a little bit, I then used the curve tool to make it darker and the gradient tool with that to brighten the face and drag the eye to it. I don't think this worked as well as it could've and I should've made it darker when using the curve tool.



I really like this edit because it looks a lot better than the original, the colours are a lot more realistic because I used the white balance. however I think the hair looks like a nicer colour in the original. I used levels to do white balance and I also used curve to make it a little bit lighter which may have been a bad idea as I think it might be a bit too bright.


The bottom one is the edited photograph, I have made many changes to this photograph. I first changed the white balance which made the photograph look a lot warmer, I then changed the curves and made it a little bit darker, I also sharpened the photograph by 3 pixels using the 'unsharp mask', then I decided I wanted the photograph to be more saturated, however the tree was already too bright so I selected it and inversed it before making the saturation higher. I then reselected the tree and made it more muted, this meant I ended up with a picture I was very happy with that was a lot better than the original.










       

No comments:

Post a Comment