Wednesday 13 January 2016

Work Diary - Documentary

Work Diary - Documentary

When I took the documentary photographs in the Christmas holidays, I was looking for photographs of my town that made it look beautiful, getting photographs of nature was quite difficult because in my opinion, trees and flowers are prettier in the summer when they are in bloom, nonetheless I tried to find photographs of the buildings in my town, I think I have a good collection from when I went out, there are a lot of old buildings in my town which I took photographs of, for example, I got a few photos of my local church, these photographs are good however I think if I had spent longer getting the photos then they would've been better. There is beautiful church gardens in my town which I got photos of, I also took photos of the market street and the museum down there. I am very proud of my photographs and I intend to go and take more photos of my town when I improve even more.

Progression: Next time I will learn how to use the camera before I go out, as when I took these photographs I had only got it the day before and I didn't use it that day much, I should have familiarised myself with the controls so that I knew how to slow the shutter speed and how to change things like the aperture.

In my opinion this is my best photograph, I really like the angle I took it from, however I probably could've framed it better which would've made it a lot nicer. I love the colours in this photo and I think the sky provides a nice contrast between light and dark. I think this is a good example of shape photography, it is also an example of line.

This is probably my worst photo, I think that it doesn't look very good and that I took a lot more good photos so I don't need to include this, this photo is of a well and I used it because I thought that the colours went quite well with the rest of my series. However I don't think it was taken very well because in this photo it looks quite dark and under saturated.

No comments:

Post a Comment