Wednesday 13 January 2016

Definition Post - Documentary & Don McCullin

Documentary Photography 

Documenting using photography is taking photos to chronicle something (usually historic events or everyday life) in an inventive way. War photographers like Don McCullin would be an example of Documentary photographers, I think that photography is an amazing way of documenting things and I love it.


This photograph shows a man during the war by Don McCullin, I really like that it shows a lot of emotion and that he isn't looking at the camera. I also think that it is dark to show how he feels, as in like he feels quite sad and dark because he is fighting in the war, this photo doesn't look staged and I think that it shows someone mid-action which makes it look even more realistic.

This photo is by Abir Abdullah, I quite like this photograph because it shows two people reuniting in a war environment, I think that it is very beautiful because it gives me a sense of hope. I think this photograph shows hope because they have found each other even in such a war zone, however in the background you can see lots of people who still haven't found anyone or are hurt.

This is another photo by Don McCullin, this photo is from when he visited Africa to take photos. I like this photo because it is showing three different ages in one photographs, a small child, a teenager and an adult. I also like the fact that they aren't looking at the camera, it makes them seem even further away from us, geographically and technologically.

This is also by Don McCullin, I think this a fantastic photograph, the subject is looking directly into the camera which almost seems confrontational, I also think that McCullin has framed this photo perfectly, there ins't anything missing from the photo and I think that it looks very good. The subject hasn't changed himself for the photograph which shows me that he has a lot of pride.






No comments:

Post a Comment