Wednesday 3 February 2016

Connecting Essay

This photograph is by George Wheelhouse, I really like this photo and I think it is similar to my photograph, however he used more of a contrast by turning it black and white, I think that it looks like an Ansel Adams photograph. He took this photograph at night which meant that the background is a lot darker which creates even more of a contrast, additionally, this church looks a lot older than the church in my photograph, I think that it looks quite eerie. This photograph has been taking from the front whereas mine was taken from a higher angle and I stood to the side of the church.

I think that my photograph is similar to this, we both used a high angle to make the church look bigger than it was, the leading lines in our photographs both lead you to the top of the church, however I took my photograph during the day which meant that I was unable to get as large of a contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment