Thursday 4 February 2016

Connecting Essay

This is my photograph that I took for portraiture, I did this photograph in the style of Thomas Ruff, who does photographs that are in a deadpan style. I really like this style because it shows us that even when you see a photograph of someone, that doesn't mean you have any idea what they are thinking. I think it makes us think about how presumptuous we can be with thinking we know how someone might react to something or how someone might feel about something.

I think that Thomas Ruff's photo is incredible and I think that it shows us a lot about the subject whilst also showing us absolutely nothing, the photographs have a lot of detail in them which makes you feel as though you know them, however they are absolutely dead-pan so we have no idea what they are thinking










2 comments:

  1. good analysis into portrait approaches

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to update the post with more detail use the checklist if you are unsure..

    ReplyDelete