Monday 16 November 2015

Work Diary - Motion

Today I studied motion in photography, I also learnt how to use shutter speed and aperture, if the shutter speed is slower then you will catch more movement, however if you make the shutter speed slower you need to make the aperture lower so less light gets in, otherwise the photo will be over-exposed. 

I did most of my motion photography in the college studio and in the college campus, in the studio we turned off the lights and used a phone light to create movement using lights.

Progression: Next time I will do more photos outside college campus, I took a few of cars but these weren't very good as I was having problems with the aperture and a lot of my photos were over-exposed, I also didn't time the photos very well so there was cars that weren't in frame which didn't look very good.

This is probably my best photo because it shows movement very well in contrast to the person holding the umbrella. I really like this photo although I'm not very happy with the bottom right of the photo being black because I didn't get all of the background the right colour.

This is my worst photo because it is framed so badly, I think it shows movement really well but it is not captured well at all.



3 comments:

  1. restructure the blog place progression paragraph at the bottom of the page and link it to a picture(s) that you would like to do in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  2. start to use camera settings to describe the outcomes of your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. expand on this post by adding the camera settings used and how they affected the motion blur within the photographs selected.

    ReplyDelete