Wednesday 18 November 2015

Work Diary - Depth of Field

Work Diary - Depth of Field

I took photos of Depth of field today and yesterday, I was using a new camera that I've never used before so it took a while to get used to, I took photos for both wide and shallow depth of field, wide depth of field looked like most photos because the entire thing was in focus, however the shallow depth of field looked really good because it meant that depending on what I was focusing on, it dragged your eye to that thing. I did shoots in both the studio and the college campus, I did mostly shallow depth of field outside but I did both in the studio.

Progression: Next time I will take more photos outside because I only got 12, I will also try going to different places off campus to take photographs. However I did get 24 in the studio.


This photo is an example of shallow depth of field, I like this photo because the focus and the lighting is a lot better than some of my other photographs, you can see the camera in really good focus and the face and body in the background is a lot more blurry. I liked shallow depth of field a lot more than wide depth of field because you can actually see a difference in the foreground and the background in pictures using shallow depth of field.

This is probably my worst photograph, I couldn't control the lighting as much in this photo because I was outside and I think that the photo was too bright, additionally it's not really in focus, I don't think I had the settings correct when I took this photo.

1 comment:

  1. you need to describe using appropriate terminologies, camera settings, depth of field, etc.

    ReplyDelete