Thursday 12 May 2016

Artist Research - David Hockney

David Hockney created his joiners by taking multiple polaroid photographs of the same thing from different angles, this one is of a man sitting, I like his joiners because they are usually almost perfect, with small imperfections like the foot being at a weird angle. With joiners we are able to see multiple sides to the same object/person in one photograph.

This joiner by David Hockney is really nice in my opinion, it looks like the pool is busy with lots of people at first, however, it is actually multiple photographs of the same person in the pool, I think it is very creative of Hockney to have done it like this and I think it creates a really good effect.

For me, this joiner is one of my favourites because at first glance it looks perfectly normal, but when you look at it for longer, you notice that one of the girls has four legs! It is probably his most morphed joiner and I think that it creates a really childish effect, these children obviously didn't sit still for the photographs, they fidgeted a lot like children do, which meant many of the photographs are a lot different

David Hockney has inspired me because he's made me think less about my photograph looking perfect, sometimes imperfection is better, in addition he has made me think about taking photographs from multiple angles, rather than just sticking with one and only coming out with four good pictures. I have learnt to explore with my photography more.

No comments:

Post a Comment